❤ Christian Dior Fall 2010 Couture Collection




This collection of Dior is one of my favorite collections ever. I love everything about it! The details, the fabric, the colors, the volume, the silhouettes, the accessories, the hair and makeup, the models. I think it is perfect. The only thing I hate is that I didn't design it, hahaha. John Galliano is amazing. I've always adored his work but this really took my breath away. This was the first Couture Collection I saw of that season and nothing else got my attention like this one did. I could not stop staring at pictures of the collection days after its release. Until now, whenever I see it my mind goes crazy. I love all the thought and creativity that they put into it and I don't think I'll ever tire of this collection. View the whole collection here :] 

John Galliano used flowers as his inspiration. He even watched the lighting change on a parrot tulip for an hour. The headdresses are like the plastic wrap on a bouquet of flowers. Everything about the collection screamed flowers and it's because of all the amazing technique put into it. The ruching, feathering, ruffling and all the tulle looked fabulous. I love so many of the dresses and would die to have one of my own. I can't wait to see the next Couture Collection of Dior! :] 




















I ❤ this dress!


The colors here are amazing. 


This is one of my favorite gowns int this collection :] 











This one is my other favorite :] 
Photos via Style.com


P.S.

I finished reading my first book of 2011 today. Batman: Year One, haha. Who would've thought it'd take me longer to read a comic than a 553 paged novel? Definitely not me. When I started reading the comic, I got a headache because I wasn't used to it, haha. I got faster after that. Hope my head won't hurt with the next one I read because I want to read more, haha. That's all for now! :] 



I will be the gladdest thing
Under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one.

-Edna St. Vincent Millay, "Afternoon on a Hill"

No comments:

Post a Comment