❤ Viktor & Rolf





Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren met at the Arnhem Academy of Art and Design in The Netherlands. They were both studying fashion and began to work together right after they graduated. In 1993, they moved to Paris and had their first show which was based on distortion, reconstruction and layering. They showed their first Haute Couture collection in 1998 but returned to Ready-to-Wear in 2000. In 2003, they started doing menswear and in 2005, they launched their first perfume, Flowerbomb, which was a collaboration with L'Oreal. They've also partnered with H&M, Samsonite, Swarovski and Shu Uemura. They gained attention because of their artistic, concept-driven runway presentations. They do everything over-the-top and exaggerated which is why I love them. 

While doing research for this post, I watched one of their fashion shows called "Russian Doll" and my heart literally stopped. The concept was so amazing I nearly cried, haha. Yes, that's quite dramatic but Viktor & Rolf are my favorite designers and everything they do stuns me. I hope they start doing Couture again because I'm pretty sure that'd be mind-blowingly awesome. :]

They have a book called The House of Viktor & Rolf and I've been wanting a copy for quite some time already. It has pictures of their early work and I really want to see that. Hopefully I'll be able to get my copy soon! 

It was really hard narrowing down the photos for this post. There were so many things I wanted to share with you but that'd be too overwhelming, haha. I chose my favorites and you'll see them below :] I'm really, really excited for Paris Fashion Week so I can see what these guys have prepared for us! Cannot wait! :]

Visit the Viktor & Rolf library to watch their collections here. :] 



Fall 2002


Fall 2003


Fall 2004


Spring 2005





Fall 2005


Fall 2006


Spring 2007



Fall 2007


Spring 2008




Fall 2008


Spring 2009


Fall 2009


Spring 2010


Fall 2010


Spring 2011



Pre-Fall 2011
 Sources: Style.com and Wikipedia


"We want to celebrate life as the world of your dreams. Our message is aimed at everybody who is attracted to this dream world. We believe in ambivalence, in glamour, in hope and in beauty."


-Viktor & Rolf

No comments:

Post a Comment