❤ Givenchy Spring 2011 Couture Collection




When I first saw this collection, I was amazed that all the models were Asian! I love how Riccardo Tisci was inspired by Japan and decided to get Asian models to showcase this collection. It made a lot of sense and everything looked incredibly great! The dresses were gorgeous! I particularly enjoyed the pop of color on the backs of the garments. Everything looked so pleasing to the eyes. I read on Style.com that the zipper pulls of this collection were wings. I find that adorable and hope to see a picture of that soon. The details of this collection were so intricately done. It took thousands of hours to put these gowns together and I must say the outcome was spectacular. I love how everything was modern yet whimsical and feminine. I loved the swan and feather details on the gowns. I also enjoyed looking at the very interesting headpieces. Overall, I really liked this collection. It was fun to look at and the inspiration was clearly seen. And though I absolutely adore every gown that was made, my favorite thing about this collection would still be all the Asian models. More power to these girls! Hopefully, sometime soon a Filipino model can join them and represent! :]






















Source: Style.com



"I absolutely believe my talent is God-given. I ask God for a lot, but I also thank Him. I'm a very demanding believer."


-Hubert de Givenchy

No comments:

Post a Comment